Philly 115, Raps 106
Where did it all go wrong?
Why aren't the Raptors on a miracle track into the playoffs? I'll tell you, it all started when they sent the Aussie big man, Nathan Jawai down to the D-League. It's no secret that since Colangelo sent Jawai down to the D-League on February 26th, the Raptors have been on a losing streak. The last game the Raptors won? The last time Jawai was wearing a Raps jersey. Since then, the Raps have been missing the bench leadership, Jake Voskuhl hasn't been the same and the most notably, the Raps have been on a six game losing skid. Jawai always had a smile on the bench, now we have to watch expressionless Patrick O'Bryant's grill all day. All I got to say is, Colangelo, you've really screwed the season.
FACT: Since Nathan Jawai's departure down to the D-League, the Raptors are 0-6
As far as last night's game? Canadian-Haitian sensation, Sammy Dalembert who scored a total of 16 points in the past four games, a guy who averages 6.2 ppg dropped 19 pts and 13 boards on the Raps. The Sixers just blew out the Raptors in the second quarter outscoring the Raps 37-22. Thaddeus Young had a career night against the Raptors scoring 29 pts.
For the Raps, Andrea Bargnani scored 11 of his 21 points in the first quarter when the Raps and Sixers were tied at 19 after the first. Pops had a good game, leading the Raps in rebounds with 8 boards. Chris Bosh scored 17 pts ending his streak of 4 games with 25+ pts.
The Sixers weren't perfect, but with Iguodala and Andre Miller dealing with injury, the Philly young guns did enough to put away the lowly Raps. Bring back Nathan Jawai!
- Chris Bosh was a -27 for the Raps
- All five Raptors starters + Roko scored double figures
- Playing off of Sixers 4 Guidosnicknames: The "Ace of" Speights and "Sweet" Lou Williams had 13 points each off of the bench for the Sixers
- Pops Mensah-Bonsu had 5 pts and 8 boards for the Raps, check out more on Pops at PeteMarasmitch's "The Ultimate Pops Mensah-Bonsu Scouting Report"
- The Raptors have lost their 6th straight
- Raptors play the Detroit Pistons on Friday